Friday, September 21, 2012

*Not an Assignment - an Update*

Hi kiddos!

This is an update, not this week's assignment. For this week's assignment, go here: Hurricanes and Monarchs

First of all, a goodbye: our turtles are moving out of their tank and joining their wild cousins in pond life! They are very excited. As some families have probably already heard, we are no longer allowed to have animals at school, so I made a call to the Winston-Salem Reptile Rescue and they assured me that our little buddies will do well in the wild! Hooray! The big move happens this weekend.


Also, I found this link that was really interesting, related to an assignment from awhile back. Several kids said that Kinsey has a 50/50 chance of having blue or brown eyes, and I disagreed with this. Based on my calculations, it's more like 75% likely brown, 25% likely blue, BUT here is a calculator tool on a website that suggests that 50/ 50 is the real probability. I am going to look into this more! For the record, her eyes are currently a dark bluish gray, but babies' true eye color isn't revealed until they are at  least 6 months old.
Eye Color Link


Have a wonderful weekend, guys! If you haven't already emailed me your work for this week's blog assignment, please don't forget to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment