Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Update before the Monday Assignment!

Hi guys!

Thanks for your answers for this week's blog assignment. I am still getting around 3/4 the class's responses most weeks. If you are not responding every week, remember that I AM keeping track and this DOES count. It can also be a lot of fun! Remember, I respond to everyone individually, so if you ever don't get a response from me by the time the next week's assignment is up, let me know - this means I didn't get your work.

The new blog assignment will be up tomorrow afternoon. It relates to the wind maps and information from last week - we are continuing to build on those same concepts.

Here are some EXCITING updates:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Rachel! Her blog, "be green" (check out the link in our blog roll to the right) caught the eye of the Yadkin River Keeper, and they invited her to be a guest interviewer - how cool is that? You can read her interview, and learn more about Yadkin River Keeper, here: Rachel's Interview
Also, how cool is this picture? Way to go, Reporter Rachel!

Also, I am very much belated in posting an update on our turtle friends! As you know, the school no longer allows animals in classrooms, so they needed a new home. I contacted the Winston Salem Reptile Rescue and they assured me that our turtle buddies would do fine in the wild, since they'd lived in captivity less than a year and we'd done such a great job feeding them live food. I released them last weekend at the pond at Triad Park. They seemed SO excited to re-join the wild, and this gives them some time to acclimate before it's time for them to hibernate.

You can learn more about Triad Park here: Triad Park
You can learn more about Winston-Salem Reptile Rescue here: W-S Reptile Rescue

Pictures of the release:


The Pond


Jack helped me release the turtles.

The first to venture into new territory!

The tiniest turtle, exploring his new home!









No comments:

Post a Comment